Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

Irish Hiking scarf in progress. I have about 2 more feet to go. This one is for Jeff. Knit in Patons Classic Merino on size 8 needles.
My first MITTENS! Notice anything? Yes, they are both LEFT mittens...DUH. These are going to be for my mitten exchange pal. Since I need to have them mailed out by November 30th, I have started the second (hopefully the RIGHT one this time).
Second (well, actually third) mitten on the needles. I am thankfully done with the cuff.


Today is the day before Thanksgiving. I am working from home this morning. I hope to get at least four things off my to-do list so I will feel less guilty taking the afternoon off.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

those mittens looks really cute!! love the colours too!! i've never knitted mittens before. are they easy to knit?

michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger spellbound said...

Hey Michelle! So good to hear from you. Yes, mittens are fantastically easy. This was my first pair. If you can knit with double points, you can definetely knit mittens. There are at least five easy patterns on the web. I used on out of a magazine for basic mittens. All you do is knit the cuff in a knit/purl rib, and then the rest is stockinette with some shaping. The thumb is the trickiest part since you have to pick up some stitches but not too bad. You should really try them..did I mention that they are FAST to knit...love that part.

By they way, I wear my scarf EVERY day...it has been cold her and I just love it. I get compliments all the time...thanks again.

We have Thanksgiving holiday here today. Do you have a holiday in Australia that is like this one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home